View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

But the thing is... The Japanese supersize is the same size as the US regular size. All it means is that now the stuff is the same size as the normal US counterpart.

I think that the big thing about staying thin here is that people DON`T eat fast food all that often. People don`t eat prepackaged foods all that often. Sure, there is a ton available, but it generally isn`t the staple of people`s diets. Almost everyone (actually, *everyone*) I know cooks their food from the raw ingredients. Refrigerators are filled with vegetables and fresh meats - freezers with self-frozen vegetables and fresh-frozen meat. Fast food is a once every 2 or 3 week treat. Not something you run to every time you don`t have time to cook a meal. That`s what take home bentos and sushi packs are for.

I never really thought all that much about it until I visited family in the US and was shocked that there was only like one raw vegetable mixed in with tons and tons of ready-made prepackaged full-of-preservatives food in the refrigerator, freezer, and cabinet.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.