Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-06-2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxintatei View Post
I don't care.
I can hold my own against rude people.
Rude people, in the end, will get nowhere.
But anyways, back to the subject, do you know how schools in Osaka are?
I really hope you`re still not thinking I was intending to be rude... Because it really frustrates me when people think I was rude/impolite when I wasn`t actually intending to be. (If that was my intent, I`d be more than happy for people to think that way...)

I really don`t know about schools in Osaka. In general, Japan doesn`t have the same type of schooling system that there is in the US or UK. Usually, kindergarten is selected by the parents (some are very hard to get into, some very easy - some great quality, some poor quality) and most are privately run. They`re all expensive.
For gradeschool, it is most common to go to the nearest elementary school. There isn`t really any big difference between them. There aren`t really "bad parts of town" when it comes to schooling. There are some really famous bad parts of town in Osaka... Which is why I personally would never choose to live there... But I doubt they have much to do with schooling.
For middle school/junior high school, there is a choice between local schools and entry based schools. The entry based schools are often very hard to get into, but are sometimes cheaper than the local public schools.
The same sort of goes with high school, except that with high school, they`re all pretty expensive, and there is a lot more competition and the levels vary a LOT. All high schools are entry based, as far as I know. Meaning, you have to take a test to determine whether you can get in or not.

Osaka is a really big city, so there are *tons* of schools. You`ll have to check the rating and levels on all of them to know which are good. Especially if you`re going to base your living location on that. Because area doesn`t have much of an effect, good schools are scattered and not all in one area.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.