View Single Post
(#124 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-09-2007, 05:22 AM

Now for a few things I want to point out:
1) You will notice that not once do I mention grades or GPA.
2) In the first cover letter I included humbling statements like sought to, believe that, would make me, looking to, and try to. Watch the difference when I remove these phrases. They are sublimnal at best, but you want to leave the employer no room to doubt that you are anything less than the best person for the job.
3) Take note that at the time I was searching for a job, I was enrolled in an online certificate program which was true but gave the impression that I would be a certified teacher. Well, I got the job and stopped doing the program. When my company shows school boards, English teachers and parents my file, they make the claim that I am certified which doesn't bother me at all.

I am a recent graduate of University of North Carolina at Charlotte. As a student in the International Studies program I have broadened myself through experiencing and learning of foreign cultures. I chose to concentrate on East Asia out of curiousity at first but have quickly come to love and respect the culture and languages.

I am writing to you in response to your opening for English teachers and because my experiences and background make me an excellent candidate for the position. Studying both Japanese and Chinese in school, I have a first hand understanding of how languages are acquired and the teaching methods involved. Also I am continuing to learn through enrollment in one of the online certification programs for Teaching English as a Second Language.

My exposure through friends, studying abroad and university courses to foreign languages and cultures has given me insight into how difficult yet crucial English education is. I know the challenges facing your students and look forward to helping them overcome the obstacles facing them and encourage them to continue studying.

Last edited by jasonbvr : 05-09-2007 at 05:31 AM.