View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-16-2007, 08:29 PM

Japanese is the original form, and if the sub-group has translated it properly ur getting the Japanese version of the story using their culture, history, religions, mythology, society, and ways of life! Including their jokes and daily life situations that no other countries would normally understand!

Course if you watch anime alot, and are hardcore about japanese culture you can eventually easily start to notice these and understand them well! Some
sub groups will also explain these situations along the upper part of the screen!

Now dubbed anime, is a whole different story! Yeah the basic story elements are still there, but everything I explained above is normally removed and replaced with american culture and other crap! Most times ruining the entire anime. Now the normal person that doesn't know anything about Japanese Culture would never notice the difference, but us hardcore Japanese/Anime Lovers do, and its quite annoying and to the point that I can barely watch dubbed anime. Very few dubbed anime retain the original japanese story, but some do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YennonCrow View Post
So, my question is, does it REALLY matter? Whats your opinion?
~Too me, yes it matters alot! I try my best to only watch anime in its original japanese voiced, english subbed versions!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video

Last edited by Katashi : 05-16-2007 at 08:31 PM.