View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yeah I know. She manages to get some very interesting news onto the forums. I'd like to read more about the one, the secret forest Fukiage.

Do you think you could supply some more information on this one Kitski-chan ??
thanks annelie and kanjikun.sorry for not answering earlier.
sure i can give some sites^^
about fukiage and other japanese news you can read here... Kyodo News - Photos
there are some pretty pictures if you scroll it down
and i sometimes read from yahoo: asia pacific.
Imperial Palace opens Fukiage area to public for 1st time
http://www.tokyonews.co.jp/
The Japan Times Online -- National News, Business News, Opinion, Sports, Entertainment and More

news time.
15-year-old Ishikawa makes history with Munsingwear victory

Sunday, May 20, 2007

TAMANO — High school student Ryo Ishikawa put his name in the history books in Japanese golf Sunday by becoming the youngest winner on the men's professional tour at the Munsingwear Open KSB Cup.

Ishikawa, a 15-year-old former national junior high school champion, upstaged the top pros in the field with a one-shot win following a 6-under-par 66 in the final round on a day when 36 holes were played in a tournament affected by bad weather. Ishikawa produced the best score of the final round, including a decisive birdie on the par-3 17th, which moved him to 12-under 276 to edge 34-year-old veteran Katsumasa Miyamoto in his first-ever tour appearance.

Stork egg hatches naturally in the wild for 1st time in 43 years

Sunday, May 20, 2007

An egg laid by artificially-bred oriental white storks that were released into the wild in 2006 has hatched naturally, a breeding farm in Hyogo Prefecture said Sunday. In 43 years, it is the first confirmed hatching of an egg laid naturally by storks living in the wild, according to the Hyogo Prefectural Homeland for the Oriental White Stork.

The egg was produced by a 7-year-old male stork and 9-year-old female stork released into the natural environment on Sept. 24 last year in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture. The breeding farm said the pair started mating in early April and created a nest atop a 13-meter-tall manmade nest post in a rice paddy. The baby stork is expected to fly out of its nest as early as July, if it grows steadily, the farm said.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus

Last edited by kitski : 05-20-2007 at 12:57 PM.