View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah! I'm glad ya'll like it! I'll post the rest of what i have right now!!!!

(Losing Time continuation)

"So, she's gone?" Toni asked, leaning across the table. Donny sighed.

"Yeah. I tried to call her at the hotel, but the clerk said that she left for the airport." The waiter put down two porceline cup with Brazilian coffee, the best in Rome. Donny opened a pack of sugar and repeated Maria's note. "'To wait is to watch as I still watch for you, thought no longer waiting, your time is past due.'"

Toni took a sip of her coffee, quickly savoring the taste. Her delicate eyes hid behind her eyelids as she let the warm coffee soothe her. Carefully, she put down the cup and looked at his olive-green eyes. "That's all she said?"

"That was what Maria wrote in her note she left for me. Four lines. That's it. No 'to Donny' or 'from Maria'. Nothing but the last four lines of a poem."

"Ouch. She can really let a guy down hard."

"Yeah, but those four lines said everything. Maybe I'm upset because I want there to be more when I don't deserve it."

"Don't get too down on yourself, Donny. You're making it sound like the world is coming to an end."

"It is, or, at least, mine is."

"Donny," Toni sighed. "You're being ridiculus. You act like she's the only woman on this earth." He looked up from staring at his drink. Toni's stern face stared back at him. She looked so confident and demanding, and yet, there was still a hint of sympathy and concern. She really did care for him and him being upset worried her; not that he was upset often. "Besides," she continued, sipping her drink, "she doesn't know what she's missing anyway. You're obviously too good for her, so she left. Donny, you can do so much better."

"I can't. Maria was perfect."

"Nobody's perect, Donny."

"She was."

"Well then would've had much more to say to you in her little note and she would've had the decentcy to say goodbye. Donny, you didn't lose much."

They finished their coffees in silence. Toni took the liberty of paying the bill. Then they headed out the door and walked to the Pantheon.

Thats all i can type for right now......sorry....I'll type the rest later....

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...