View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Burundo (Offline)
JF Regular

10-13-2012, 09:27 PM

I was originally going to post this in a new thread, but thought I'd do it here instead. This is not about me, but actually about a good friend of mine who like me is white and was born in America, and his wife of three years who is Japanese, from what they told me in an e-mail.

I haven't gotten the chance to meet her parents because I have never been to Japan (though I am planning on it in the future), but from what I have been told, they are really nice and my friend has come to look up to his father-in-law. As for the couple, they are very much in love and I'm beyond happy he's found everything he has wanted (when I say that, I mean they officially now have a baby on the way...even though they call their dogs their kids).

Anyway, he took her out to the first spot where they met and proposed to her there, she said yes, and then together they asked her parents for permission. They were both very excited and hugged the newly-engaged couple, but then later my friend said that the father started looking a bit down. They talked, and the father admitted he was afraid that their marriage would mean she would move far away to the States, but my friend reassured him that they both plan on living the rest of their lives in Japan. That made the father feel better, but then later he regretted what he had said, apologized to them both and said he would understand if they needed to go to America. He sounded pretty good about it. The mother was just incredibly happy.

I SPELLED MY USERNAME WRONG!!!