View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jeikobu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu
Does debt/bankruptcy affect my ability to live and work in Japan? - 09-26-2014, 08:50 PM

I am currently in the process of applying for a work visa in Japan. However, I have a lot of unpaid debt to places in America (mostly hospitals) for matters beyond my control. I have been trying to pay these debts for years, but the many of the companies are not willing to negotiate payment plans very much. I am considering bankruptcy, but haven't decided yet. I am also planning to try to find a better paying job for the time being.

My question is, if I do apply for bankruptcy, will that prevent me from entering and working and residing in Japan? I have some money, just not enough to pay all my debts, so I could still pay to go to Japan and all if I get this visa.

Or, if I don't do bankruptcy, but continue to try to earn money to pay off the debts as much as possible, will I be allowed to enter and work in Japan even though I have a lot of debt in America? And would it possible to America to force me to return against my will because of the debt?

If you live in Colorado, please come visit Japanese Hope Mountain Family Church! Even if you aren't a Christian, please try it. It's a great place where you can meet very nice people and speak lots of Japanese.ウェブサイトをご覧して下さい!
http://www.jhmfc.org/JHMFC/Welcome.html