View Single Post
(#349 (permalink))
Old
Takushimazu (Offline)
New to JF

06-01-2007, 12:28 PM

jasonbvr, thank you so much for your help.. I hope it would not be rude of me to go on to ask:

In my case, how much do you know about spousal visa? Would I be able to work with a spousal visa? ( In England the spouse can work to support the family, is Japanese spousal visa the same? )

The embassy of Japan is kind of vague with its information:

"Personal relationship or status on which the residence is authorized: The spouses of Japanese nationals, the children adopted by Japanese nationals in accordance with the provisions of Article 817-2 of the Civil Code (Law no. 89 of 1896) or those born as the children of Japanese nationals.
Period of stay: 3 years or 1 year
Applicants must either obtain a Certificate of Eligibility or read the next section (Spouse of Japanese Visa) for an alternative procedure. Please note that the procedure given is only a general one and requirements do vary according to nationality etc. Please contact our visa section (Tel: 020 7465 6565) directly to avoid confusion and save time.

Spouse of Japanese Visa

Visa for a legal spouse of a Japanese national to accompany that Japanese spouse to Japan.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Valid passport
2. One visa application form completed and signed
3. One photograph (taken within 6 months)
4. One official copy of the Japanese spouse's family register (Koseki Tohon). This copy must have been issued within three months prior to application for the visa and must show the registered marriage
5. A letter of guarantee from the Japanese spouse
6. The Japanese spouse's passport. If the Japanese spouse is in Japan, an official copy of the Japanese spouse's certificate of residence (Jyumin-hyo) and a photocopy of the Japanese spouse's passport (ID page and any UK visa and entry and exit stamps)
7. Recent bank statements (last 3 months) to show sufficient funds to settle in Japan
"

I know you will probably think "you just posted all of the information you need!" but there are some bits I really don't understand, like it doesn't say if I will be able to work there and if there are any limits on career path?

And "sufficient funds to settle in Japan" how much exactly is "sufficient"??

Also! What happens after the "3 years or 1 year"? Would I have to go back to England??