(#8 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
06-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
That's kinda hypocritical to say it's bad if one culture influences another... I mean, Japanese culture has influenced Western culture quite a bit, no? Anime is very popular in the US, Europe and in many other places, and sushi is a popular food these days too. Anime itself derived from art and animation techniques that were developed in europe and the US. If the west hadn't influenced Japan in the ways it did, I would think that Japan would not be the economic world leader that it is today.

Eh? Japan's economy is in a relatively poor condition right now (as shown from the insanely weak condition -which is still getting weaker- of the Yen on the international trading market). It has been slowly improving, then falling again, for nearly a decade now which is very strange since the GNP in Japan is very large in comparison to many other 'first-world' countries

If you meant Japan is a world-leader in exportation of goods, then I completely agree but I don't understand why you are saying the economy is a world-leader. That said, it is also quite possible I have missed the point you were trying to make so this post may even be irrelevant