View Single Post
(#385 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-20-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixuli View Post
I would like to ask. Do you regret moving to Japan? Is it good there? Was it hard to find an apartment? How big was the rent? Did you study there? Is it how hard for an foreigner to entry into a high school?
I too, come from a bad family.Actually my dad kicked me out few weeks ago. I think I'll study jr.high school here somehow, but then I will go as an exchange student to somewhere... Just to change my current life for few years. Then I would like to move to Japan. (:
I'll give what I know about this.

No I don't regret moving to Japan, but my motives and experiences are different from yours so who can say. Good? I'd say so but again that's me.

Finding an appartment...well it can depend on the route you take. Going through the normal channels can be very tough and expensive. Not all landlords will rent to gaijin, I've basically had a mini interview through a real estator with landlords on the phone asking me many questions about my job and education. I've had landlords say they'll rent to me, but that was probably helped big time by the 'elite' reputation of the universites I attended and that I could speak Japanese.

Then you have things like the deposite, fire insurence, gurantor fees (if you don't have one), real estate fees, and the lovely tradition of 'gift money'. This adds up to 6 months worth of rent easilly. And this is before you've moved in.

If you're in a city though, you can find appartments through agencies that deal with foriegners, and it'll be something like one months rent refundable deposite through them.

Rent really depends on where you are, and how big an appartment, and how new it is. I pay 65000yen a month for 1DK (1 room + diner kitchen) in central osaka. The one room appartment I lived in Hyogo was 69000 a month but that was a brand new building. At university my dorm in Tokyo was 8000 a month (this was waaaaay cheaper than usual, but the japanese university subsidied the building).

I studied for one year in university. But I do know a few people who've studied in high school or jnr high for one year or so as exchange students.

おれんとこ来ないか?

Last edited by vulgarshudder : 06-20-2007 at 08:17 AM.