View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Layla1985 (Offline)
New to JF

Relationship with a japanese guy - 02-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Hello all,

I have seen that there are a lot of experienced people in this forum so I just wanted to ask for some opinions on my case Actually last month I went once again back to Japan for a 2 weeks holiday. The first time I was there was 10 years ago and it was also 10 years ago when I got to know a guy with whom I was over the years more or less in contact (more less than more I guess but from time to time we wrote) Now we were meeting again very spontaniously, I picked him twice from his working place to have lunch together. I know very little about japanese relationship rules, but at least it seemed that he really was happy to see me again. He also was the one who contacted me a second time for a meeting without any pressure from my side, so yeah.... Talking was hard since my japanese and his english are very basic but it worked somehow. To be honest I didn't think of anything before I met him, I actually am quite a punky girl, I am heavily tattooed so not the typical japanese dream girl What got me confused is that he know this from the beginning and wanted to meet nevertheless. He also wrote several times that I did not changed at all compared to 10 years ago and that he really enjoyed the meetings so much. Also he did ask me if I was in a relationsship and what even got me more, on the second meeting he told me that his father had a stroke 4 days ago and therefore needed threatment in the hospital but was getting better again which seemed to be a miracle. Actually I never let my feelings through (I always found him very attractive and very nice) since I know about my regular "attraction level" on japanese guys (I know there are exceptions but to find them is very hard and this coincidence seemed very strange to me ). We are both already a bit older, me 32, he is 35. When I went back to Germany lately we were writing via Line, but now he isn't getting back to me for some days anymore and now I got even more confused.

So I just wanted to ask here if anyone has maybe some similar experience. I know japanese people are often polite but I really thought he enjoyed our meeting. Now I am unsure if this was just me missinterpretating stuff, since he stopped writing or if maybe also the language barrier may hold him back. Sorry I know there is no real help to be found since no one can really know how he is feeling, but yeah. I am just a bit lost now, especially because he really means something to me as I must hardly confess Thanks a lot!