View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

12-26-2006, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post
Ramen Noodles etiquette : Slurp sound when you eat Ramen Noodles is the polite thing. It show appreciation for the food. Well, actually the slurping sucks in air with the noodles, cooling them down so you don't burn your tastebuds.
Yeah but don't slurp'em when you are wearing nice clothes. Lots of ramen soups are really greasy and my Japanese washer machine can't handle getting the grease spots out. I think I may need new detergent. But yeah, make noise when you eat. I don't but all the teachers do when eating which gets annoying but what're goin'ta'do? They even slurp pasta with spaghetti sauce all over it. I am like, you know that stuff stains really easy? Well I don't say that, but I think it. Then they all watch in awe as I demonstrate the proper way to twirl the pasta around the fork while using a spoon in one hand and fork in the other. This is what an Italian heritage will do for you. If you eat steak with them, you should do the switch method of knife in the hand you feed yourself with and fork as support to hold the meat while you cut. Then watch them freak out as you eat with the blade. They are like, Kiwosukete Jason-san, Daijobu? Ah culture exchange, always a fun time when traveling overseas. You teach me to pick the bones out of fish and cut meat with chopsticks, and I will show you how to properly eat corn or peas with a fork and a bread roll.