View Single Post
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
He's trying to come off as a peaceful person? Sure he tries to come off as someone who wouldn't kill an 'innocent' person, but since when does being able to kill anyone make someone peaceful? Later on he kills plenty of people, who are just in his way, whether they are innocent or not.
Secondly he is 'god' in his OWN mind. He says this plenty of times, about how he would like to BE god of the new earth that he will create.
People like Misa, who have been wronged by the criminals that Light is out to kill, look up to Light because it is advantageous for them. He is god to them because of his supernatural ability to kill, nothing more. He gives them that revenge and sense of justice that noone else could, which to them is a godly act. Light is delusioned by his new power during the beginning of the anime and this false self confidence empowers other people to think of him as a supreme being. There are a lot of people who think he is changing the world for the better but that is only because their own thirst for some kindof justice has been served, through Light. The majority of these people are psychos who are out for their own gain and benefit, not anyone elses. Misa is one of these people who are mentally unstable. This can be seen in her dress sense and dolls etc, in her room, during when she is first introduced.
Thirdly, Light can be killed easily and has survived a few times on just luck alone. Besides Ryuk wouldnt wanna kill Light until things got totally out of hand. He's entertainment afterall.
I for some reason take offence to the comment about misa >.<

Kira never kills innocent people... He gets innocent people killed but never does the dirty deeds himself!

Definition of Psycho!-

psychotic

adjective
1. characteristic of or suffering from psychosis

noun
1. a person afflicted with psychosis

psychosis (sī-kō'sĭs)
Plural psychoses (sī-kō'sēz)
A mental state caused by psychiatric or organic illness, characterized by a loss of contact with reality and an inability to think rationally. A psychotic person often behaves inappropriately and is incapable of normal social functioning.

Are you saying that because a person likes the color black and because they collect dolls and such that makes them a psycho ? :/

I don't understand what your getting at, that the fact to follow someone you believe to be a god is a psychotic thing to do?? but people everyday do it.

Lets say i like to dress "Goth" and collect Plushies. Does this make me a psycho for being who Iam :/

Please point out the things misa does that points to her having a mental illness

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson