View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
oceansportrait (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2007, 05:21 PM

When I went to Japan last year, there wasn't a one-way to Nagoya, so I had to stop at Narita Airport, then transfer from there to Nagoya. I had only two hours in between flights which was a NIGHTMARE. It wouldn't have been so terrible had I not had to wait 1+ hours just waiting for my luggage to arrive (my luggage couldn't go one-way either, so I had to get my luggage, go to check in, give them my luggage again so it could be taken to Nagoya). Plus, I'd gone to the Vancouver airport at 7am (even though my flight was at 10am---they said to go a couple of hours early, so I did), and arrived at Narita at around midnight (Vancouver time). I couldn't sleep at all in the airplane (I couldn't help but think someone would steal my wallet if I let my guard down XD). So, on top of the waiting time, I was seriously sleep deprived.

I managed to read the huge map they had at Narita airport describing where everything is wrong, so I went a floor too high. BUT when I tried to go down, the elevator that was nearest to me that went down was under repair, so I had to frantically go and find another elevator (which was way on the otherside of the floor!). When I DID find it, it was an elevator that went straight to the first floor, without stopping on second. So I had to go to the first floor, find an elevator that went to SECOND floor. Then I managed to screw up the direction again, I went to the right side when I was supposed to go left. By this time, it was getting dangerously close to the flight time.

When I arrived at the metal-detector place, a woman who worked at Narita was already calling out my name trying to look for me -_-" When I got into the bus that took us to the airplane, everyone was looking at me as if I was just a big bother.

Moral of this story is? At least 3 hours in between connecting flights!