View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-24-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickschmauss View Post
If you've been in Japan awhile, you'll figure it out.

I don't think it's a topic of discussion here. Many folks don't stay in Japan long enough to know how the social system works and how the average foriegner stands. Don't give it a lot of thought. Just enjoy your stay here.

Marrying into a traditional Japanese family is plenty to think about. Not to boast about it, but my family has camped on the same turf for 1200 years. As a newcomer to the clan, well........... sometimes it's tough to be accepted, even after 10 years of marriage, 3 kids and fluent Japanese. This doesn't necessarily apply to foreigners. A Japanese takes a bashing too.

Stay here awhile, and I'll be happy to compare notes and share insight. You new folks........... Just enjoy. I still do.

Rick
I agree. For some reason this topic keeps getting new threads. It's way too complex an issue to answer in a forum format like this.

Imagine "Who do Americans discriminate against?" and try and answer that fairly in three sentences or less.

The tone of the questions implies that the Japanese are racist, and I don't think THAT is a fair foundation for the question.