View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
laurel (Offline)
JF Regular

07-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Oh, Fara-chan!! You know quite alot about Japan, don't you?

Quote:
Akihabara, The Otakus favourite place, Have u gone there to buy some Anime figures and DVDs or u had some other work to do or u had a cup of coffee in a maid cafe (just joking).
I went Akihabara to buy some special thingy for my British friend. However, I can't deny that there are lots of temptation in Akihabara -- I used to go there once in a month when I was teen.

As for Otaku style (we call guys wearing thick eye-glasses, bearing backpacks with anime poster, and put their shirts inside of their trousers "アキバ系" , pronounce as "Akiba kei"; the meaning is just "Akihabara-fashioned boys"), you can see so many Otakus there. At the same time, Akihabara has so many duty free shops; it is very popular among foreign tourists.

I've never seen paparazzi in Akihabara, maybe some men are eager to take photos of maid-san!

I read Densha Otoko on the web, via a summary made from "2ちゃんねる" ("2ch"). It was a lovely story, I like Hermes-tan

P.S. I heard that nowadays Ikebukuro is well-known as the town of Otaku girls. I guess there are many shops with Yaoi (slash) thingy and cosplay material. They call one street in Ikebukuro "乙女ロード" ("Otome Road", "maiden's road"). Maybe I should visit there next month ... *chuckle*

"yf I ded ony foly I have that I sought."

-- Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur