View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
08-05-2007, 05:37 PM

you asked a question and i answered it.

This question really has been answered many times before if you take a few seconds to search for the Topic.

As far as your age and limitations... look man thats the raw truth.
I cant really Suggest any nightlife spots cuz i know you wont be able to get in and also your parents will be with you th entire time.

Also hey you may not like fish okay w/e but your missing out on the best sushi in the world, and if your eating rice here, you wont be finding salt sitting on the table.

Its gonna be soy sauce.

You talked bout Akihabara, and i basicly told you the truth about it.
its a big tourist trap

and honestly if your gona be with your parents, your gona end up just sight seeing at temples and maybe shopping and goin to a few arcades.

if your looking for amusement parts to go to

then i guess Tokyo Dome in Kasuga, or disney... but i dont recommend disney
its not very japanese.

i dunno how fit you are but i recommend you start waking a lot.

the first time i came here my legs were puddy, be prepared to walk a lot.

read my etiquette post

and jus hit up some anime shops and buy some stuff

not sure how much your parents are willing to give you but Tokyo is extremely expensive.

and about the entire food thing
sorry i grew up in a country were they were is no such thing as "picky eaters"

just hungry people

if you feel like your being "flamed" or "not welcomed"

just realized that

1. you are on a forum called Japan Forums....
you have to understand that you are definitely not the first person whos asked this question.

2. Japan isnt all bout fish and sushi
plenty of other foods out there, so no biggie.
if your parents know your eating habits then they're not gona be taking you to eat sushi and places that serve only fish.

3. no one is flaming your because of your age
the fact of the matter is, you are limited to the places you can go due to the fact that you must be unaccompanied by a adult and also the amount of money you can spend is defendant on them also.

i dont know any 13 yr old who could survive in Tokyo with out a boat load of cash from their parents

unless they already live here and know the ropes.

so i dunno how many forums you post on, but every one has a opinion and not every ones gonna sugar coat things for you.

Every one who replied gave you valid and good information and input.

so instead of complaining that it wasn't in the context that may be to your liking.

you should be thanking people for replying to a over answered question, instead of threatening to leave the forum.

Open your mind and try every thing japan has to offer.
you have a opportunity that many would kill to have

and i agree with SaginumaEki, i wouldnt go around saying your otaku there..

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan