View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
nihonga (Offline)
JF Regular

09-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukikage
Hi there, I recomend going to Shibuya first off for the electronics centre of Japan, then on a clear day id suggest going to the Shinjuku government buildings to see Tokyo going off into the horizen in all directions, absolutly beautiful! I also recomend ging to Harajuku on the saturday or sunday (sundays probably best i think..) to see the girls dressed in unusual fashion, and while your in that area visit yoyogi park, the entrance of which is by the Harajuku girls.
Greg
I agree with all of your Tokyo suggestions - Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya - but I would argue that Akihabara is really the electronics centre and Shibuya is more the youth fashion and love hotel centre.

Also, many people enjoy checking out Meiji Shrine while in Harajuku and the Kabukicho district in Shinjuku, which is on the East side of the station. Kabukicho is where much of the neon you see in Tokyo photos is and was said to be the inspiration for some of the scenes in the movie Bladerunner.

Most tourists also visit the grounds of the Tokyo Imperial Palace near Tokyo Station.

"Youths of Japan, scrawl your graffiti in kanji!" -Tenmyouya