(#26 (permalink))
Old
jamiemc60 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to jamiemc60
09-10-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
The only Scottish match i'd watch is Rangers v Celtic, I always want Rangers to win since a lot of Celtic fans are weird, you claim Scottish Football is a force in Europe yet your fans wave Irish Flags around at matches, Celtic shouldn't be allowed to play in the UK, ship yourself to Ireland, with all the other Fenians. (I'm athiest before you ask)
I've reported you for the use of the word 'fenian'.

I'd like to take the middle ground in this argument. Although I agree with McCulloch that Celtic and Rangers are European forces, I also agree with the racist that the Scottish league is poor. I travel to each and every Celtic game and find the standard of opposition to be terrible 50% of the time.
I don't, however, agree with his opinion that Celtic and Rangers are smaller clubs than their european counterparts. Infact, I'll refer back to the talk of the UEFA cup run in 2003, where Celtic reached the final to be narrowly defeated by a Porto side that would go on to lift the biggest trophy in the world the following year, as an indication as to the size of Celtic. 80-100,000 fans travelled to Seville to see Celtic for that one game. Most without a ticket, knowing they wouldn't get one, still travelled to support their team.

How many other clubs in the world could call upon that size of support?
Six? Seven maybe?
And they aren't your Arsenal or Chelsea. I'm talking real footballing establishments here. River Plate, Boca Juniors, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus... How many more could call upon such a support?
And THAT, my friend, is what seperates the men from the boys.

And if it's financial terms you want to use to measure your point, Celtic and Rangers make more money than 15 of the premiershit's 20 clubs. Making one twentieth of what they make on TV revenue.

That, is success.

Yeah? Well... BEAT THAT!