Thread: Tale of Storys.
View Single Post
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

01-17-2007, 01:02 AM

Tenchu -

I must have been crawling for hours, sometimes it was tall enough in the cave to stand and strech out, but only for a few metres or so. I had found puddles of water along the way that had gathered from the drips from the roof of the tunnel, I drank my fill whenever I could. It must have been about five hours of crawling when at the end of the tunnel I saw light and the tunnel opened up into a wide clearing. I stood up and looked around. The room was about 50 metres diameter and 5 meters high. One of the walls was made completely of ice and there was a spring of water flowing in a waterfall down at one of the walls. It seemed to be a dead end. Well, it kinda was. I looked at the wall of ice. It was only about a meter thick, and it was clear as glass almost. I saw on the other side a huge room, it was massive, and there was fire burning in it. The fire was controlled. I knew someone must have lit it. I had to get in there, there must have been people in there. I tried breaking the ice wall, even if it had have broke it was still a 100 meter drop to the ground. It would not break. Then I looked at the waterfall. It was freezing. I put my hand in it. It was so cold it was like it burned. I knew if I got wet here I would be dead in ten minutes if I didnt warm up fast afterwards. Looking out the ice wall I could see that the waterfall lead into a damn in the huge cave room. If I could swim to the surface and get to the fire fast enough, I might just live. I hesitated a bit, but eventually found it in me to jump down the tight waterfall... It was freezing. I wanted to scream but had to hold my breath. It was real pain. When I made it to the little lake I swam straight to the surface. I saw the edge and swam to it. I climbed out fast and ran straight to the fire and lay down next to it... I lost conciousness there again...