View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Everyone outside Japan does things better?

I think you`ve just proven what I said about racism in one short sentence.

I`ve lived in Japan for the past 9 years now. I`ve actually gone through school in Japan. I`ve worked here, I`m married, have a child with "special needs", and I own a home here. I pay taxes just like you.
Before you start insinuating that I`m somehow a Japanophile blinded by my amazing love of Japan... Actually look into who I am.

I don`t believe Japan in a perfect paradise on earth. I live here, I would have to be a complete idiot not to see reality. However, my problem is that the reality *I* see is somehow immensely different from the reality you seem to be taking so personally. If you find Japan such an awful place to live, then why do you choose to live here? I don`t mean that in an inflammatory way, but if you really dislike the way society is run, wouldn`t it be better for your family - particularly your child - not to be raised with those values?

In my case, I`d rather be shot than raise my son in, say, the US. I`ve lived there, and know that whatever strange problems Japan has, it`s nothing compared to the sheer number and scale of problems in the US. Seriously - I`d much rather hear about the guy who cut his sister up and stored her in the closet on the NATIONAL news for weeks on end, than have the LOCAL nightly news go through a list of 10 some murders that happened just that day, in one single city.

And I am being completely honest in saying that I`ve never been treated with anything other than *normalcy* by other people here. If that *normalcy* is what offends you, then get a grip. A society doesn`t have to change just to suit you. If anything, I`m happy that Japan is still clinging to the "Japanese way", rather than leaping head over heels onto the "Throw our culture away for western values!" bandwagon.

Take it or leave it - We obviously have different personal feelings on this topic, and they do not seem to overlap. I have no qualms about raising a family here, and living out the rest of my life in Japan. You clearly do.

Edit: After reading the first message again, I just thought I`d add. I actually sort of prefer the way women are "treated" in Japan...

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 01-17-2007 at 11:15 AM.