View Single Post
(#213 (permalink))
Old
CrimsonNataku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-17-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
wow, I am surprised. You think that those games would be cheap by now but hard to find...Even if you get them and all the games I said, it'll take you a millenia to beat them....lol but that is really cool. I just thought that the Tales series was your average popular game, I didn't know that they were THIS popular, it is actually surprising...Do you know which Tales game/OVA has been the most successful??
In the U.S., or in Japan? The Tales of Phantasia OVA will be the first OVA to be released outside of Japan, so I can't say much about that... Only I think that in Japan the Eternia OVA may have been more popular... I'm not certain about that.

In the U.S., because of all the complications involving their releases, the Tales games haven't really gotten the spotlight they deserve. From the reviews/articles I've read, the Tales games haven't really gotten any decent popularity until Tales of Symphonia came out. Die hard fans I bet will say that the older games are just as good. Though I did hear Tales of Rebirth was a little too different.

"To teach is to learn." - Japanese Proverb