View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
Looking for a penpal for a 13 yr/old Japanese boy. - 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM

A friend`s son is looking for a *serious* penpal. He is NOT online, so each message would be relayed by me. I see them once or twice a week.

The requirements -
Same age range of 12 to 15 or so. (He is 13, to be 14 in December.)
A native English speaker with good grammar and spelling. He does NOT understand slang or net abbreviations, etc. If you don`t think you can write in clear and plain English, then it is probably not a good idea.
Similar interests if possible. I haven`t quizzed him on this one, so write what your interests are and I`ll leave it up to him.
Basic Japanese skills and the ability to look words up, etc.

The plan is to write half in English, and half in Japanese. Both halves on the same subject, possibly both halves with the same meaning. He is a good English speaker, and is currently working toward Eiken 2. (Passed Jun-2. I taught him all by myself, woohoo)

If there is anyone interested, please write an introductory message about yourself - in simple and plain English - and a bit in Japanese if you feel the desire. I`ll give him the messages next time I see him, and translate them into Japanese if necessary. He`ll choose whoever he wants to write to.

If there isn`t anyone interested... Oh well.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.