View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-08-2007, 05:18 AM

Learn, 99% of the threads on this forum could be handled better, and I am not going to lambaste Masaegu for taking offense at the request.

His reaction didn't occur to me when I first responded, but after reading it, I am forced to concede.

Now LawlietsGirl did say it wasn't the slogan they were hoping for, but was something her teachers said they must use. I think it's only fair to let her and her teachers know that this statement is probably more offensive than the statements the group wanted to make.

I do hope LawlietsGirl isn't scared away, as I know that wasn't masaegu's or anyone's intention. We all, you included, are trying to bring some maturity and correct information to JF, and I know many of the members appreciate it.

At the same time, this is a forum, not a daycare center, and Masaegu, me and everyone has the right to voice their opinion about a potentially offensive statement printed in Japanese on a t-shirt. On these forums I have found if you don't say what you mean clearly and succinctly the message will be lost in the shuffle. Whether she comes back again or not (and I sure hope she does) I bet that LawlietsGirl understood the message Masaegu tried to send.

Anime and Japan culture clubs are great. Every school should have them. And I think JF is a good source for information and guidance. Was the guidance this time a little direct? Sure, it was. But if it was too much, than maybe JF wasn't the place to ask.