View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Zanmai (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zanmai
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM

aw... Well, pardon me for being nosy, and excuse me for sounding nooby... *takes deep breath*

Because I haven't been around long enough to know what Kaicui-san is prejudiced against, I'll just state some stuff IMO.

I'm designing some Japanese style clothings, though I am purely Singaporean Chinese. I believe beauty is to be shared among all, regardless of race, or ethnicity. I mean, this is what this forum is about right? For a person like me who loves fashion, especially Japanese fashion, to know that there are people who feel that Japanese fashion is not suited for "non Japanese people", it's just hurting. Are you saying that "non Japanese people" will definitely not look good in Japanese style? I don't think so. If my friends allow, I'll post their pictures to prove "non Japanese people" can wear Japanese clothes, and look just as good. And look at MariYa-san (pardon me for mentioning you), she looks wonderful, in J-Punk/Rock. Or are you maybe just prejudiced against the general "non Japanese people", whom you have never met? Or maybe some "non Japanese people" wore Japanese style and looked horrible?

Yea, in the latter case, I've actually felt the same way as you for awhile, but I feel that's generalising the whole lot of people out there. Give them a chance, and they may look good. I mean, I don't think anyone meant to insult a particular enthnicity/culture/style by wearing it wrong. They probably just need good advice. And even with good advice they still look wrong... I wish them all the best... *sigh*

I believe forums in general are for sharing good advice, information and stuff. Saying you're prejudiced and blocking information from other who needs/wants them is... well, uncalled for.

Sorry if my long post offended anyone, I just needed to get it out of me... =)