View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Zanmai (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zanmai
10-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Aw I understand that bit about showing a certain person you can do it. Yea you go girl.

I'l currently trying to shed about 10kg (not sure how much is that in pounds...). Um currently I manage to lose 4kg in 1 month. Whee.

Ok, here's how I do it.
Go gym 2 times a week. I spend 1 hour on cardio (treadmill, cycling, etc) then 30 mins to tone (weights and such). Toning is important, else you'll end up looking like a bag of skin after losing weight. Scary...
Dietwise, didn't change much. But I have a feeling that Asian and American diets are kinda different... so here goes.
Breakfast: a nice meal, like sandwich (no mayo, or other condiments). A good drink like coffee (Nothing like java to get you going, if you know what I mean ). Breakfast is important because it helps lowers your food intake in the later part of your day. Oh yes, add an apple or banana. To decrease sugar intake later, and keep you fuller throughout the day.

Lunch: Ok, I alternate a full meal between lunch and dinner. Meaning if I eat a meal for lunch, I'll eat something light for dinner. So normally lunch would be um... noodles, with veges and meat, or porridge, or if I feel like it, a burger and fries.
Light meal: An apple/banana or whatever fruits I have in the fridge, and a cup of hot oats.

Dinner: It's usually homecook, so it's more healthy. You get to control the amount of oil, salt sugar you use. And I try to use spices to flavor my food instead, so I use less artificial flavoring. The size of my meal usually wouldn't exceed my palm size. I also try to put in a good mix of veges and proteins in my food. Asian dinner usually consists of rice, brown rice would be better, so I'm fine on the carbs and fibre department.

Oh and maybe a way to gradually lessen food intake during meals is have some snacks on hand. Fruits and nuts are alright. I go for the occasional chocolate when I'm down =p And eating fruits before a meal is a nice way to fill yourself without gaining extra calories.

Feel free to pm me to explain some stuff. Hope this helps.