View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Don't get offended. That's just how Americans are seen in other countries, of course it's only a generalised opinion and it does not apply to every American citizen but, you know.. Americans tend to be a little too fond of themselves, like if someone dares mess with them they'll get their beloved government to set the army on their asses xD! I'm pretty sure all these stereotypes come from both political and historic reasons.

As for my comment ("Americans 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold "), same thing goes for French and British people, if that makes you feel any better xD
I guess you are just proving my point. Do you actually think "Americans tend to be a little too fond of themselves, like if someone dares mess with them they'll get their beloved government to set the army on their asses"? Seriously? The American people didn't ask the American goverment to go to war...it was quite the opposite. It's the American people who are embarrassed, ashamed and are begging our government to get us out of this war.

If you know they are stereotypes, why fuel them by spreading them?