View Single Post
(#41 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-22-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I guess so. The problem there was the HK and Taiwanese guests knew to wait in line, but the Chinese guests would just go to the front. As you can imagine, this caused a ton of problems, and they are still working on it.

My only personal experience was getting of a plane from Japan into Kansai Int'l at the same time a plane from China landed. So all these Chinese were trying to go through customs at the same time as the non-Japanese passengers from my plane. I was shocked to see families of people push to the front with thie passports out. There were a couple of US Marines (I think) in front of me, and one finally just put his arms straight out to not let any more pass. A couple of kids (encouraged by their dad) snuck under and to the front, but the Marine wouldn't let the father and mother cut in front. The kids were yelling (from the passport check booths) for their dad to hurry up, but he the Marine made it clear with his eyes he wasn't going before him. It was one of the strangest things I have ever seen, so I still wonder, how does an advanced society like China function if the people won't wait in line?
oh boy, i was in china this summer for a month. my worst experience there was actually waiting at a shanghai train station waiting to buy a ticket to Nanjing. me and my friend (chinese) waited for about 3 hours cos people kept pushing and people actualy started fighting. and from time to time. even the ticket sellers would take unannounced breaks because people were so rude to them etc etc. It was horrible. it reminded me of a third world country where everyone was fighting to get some food or something.

and from my experience of china. i wouldn't say its an advanced society at all. i'd say about 98% of them are poor with the lack of manners like other third world countried (ie, algeria, morocco, indonisia) etc etc. i say this cos i went to a lot of cities in china and even in the rich parts of the city, the onlyplaces that fealt like it was a good socieety was inside big hotels and big office plazas etc. otherwise., just outside these building its a battle to walk in a straite line wthout someone shoving you from behind to get in front of you. ( i guess its due to the population and many other factors. but i was shocked none the less)