View Single Post
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MariYa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
Excellent point about the electronics...

And lol... if cutures didn't cross and share their clothing, everyone would be naked! (doesn't sound too bad lol... joking)
It's like saying you have to wear chav get-up if you're British and noone else in the world can wear tracksuits and burberry caps, but the British.
Plus you guys don't really need to buy clothes from Japanese sites, because in most big cities you'll be able to find items similar to the clothing designed by Japanese designers- regardless of whether it came from Japan or elsewhere.
In England Blue Banana has some stuff you can probably smash together to give a "Japanese style" look... regardless of the fact the clothes were probably sewn together in Bangladesh or wherever... In fact I'll go check where my top I got from there comes from... and it's from India.

Blue Banana - Body Jewellery, Alternative Clothing and Accessories

In Birmingham, England there's also Oasis market, huge multi-level place, sells nearly every alternative- and some normal- style(s). There's bound to be loads of shops in London too.
Then again you guys might only want stuff that actually comes from Japanese designers... personally I go for how the items look rather than what designer they come from. I do like to think I have my own little style going on, but people judge, so I don't mind whether people want to put me as long as it's not chav -.- that'd be bad.
As for the wannabes thing... I think it only applies to people who actually want to be Japanese- I mean people that want to have the Japanese features. That reminds me (sorry this is long) I was looking at the plastic surgery in Japan on some Japanese models and stars and I noticed most of them had their eyes widened... and why do Japanese people dye their hair colours like blonde and auburn? (Sorry for attacking the Japanese here... I know other people from different races- not exculding white people- do this kind of thing too).
Another example... I think too much... EMO! I liked the emo fashion for a period of time and looked like an emo, but I didn't do things associated with being emo, like cutting myself, hanging about pigeon park, etc. So for that example, my point is: fashion is fashion... it doesn't matter who wears it! However, I do agree that some people have to be conscious of what they put on in the morning, some looks don't suit everyone immediately.
Sorry for the length.
Good point!!!!

I try to run away, forget it all…
The years pass, but pain remains.
These memories are like a thorn
Embedded deep in my heart…
It’s draining me drop by drop.
I can’t stop thinking about the past
The pain is too great, to just let it pass..