View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Gabcom (Offline)
New to JF

Going to Tokyo early 2009 (Australian) - 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Hey,
As all you other NSW citizens may know about, after the HSC is a great time . Anyway, I'll be finishing my schooling in 2008 and a few friends and I are hoping to get some good marks for the HSC and be able to travel to Japan for a few weeks. By then I'll be 18 but some of my friends would be 17, so I think clubbing is out of the question .
We haven't really planned anything since it is a bit early to think about it and we do have a bigger issue to worry about, but I'm probably thinking we'd be staying around Tokyo for a majority of our stay, if not all.
I've been learning Japanese in school for a while and am doing it for my HSC (Extension Jap, hope I don't need to drop) but I don't really know how I'll fare in Japan with that amount of skill in regards to the Japanese language.

I'd like it very much if others who have gone on such similar trips or have any advice for our trip to add something, or just tell me about your trip. Again, we haven't really planned anything so if there are any recommendations on activities for us high school graduates, they're more than welcome. Anything you think we should know or any kind of suggestion, speak up

Also, if there are others out there who are planning to go Tokyo at a similar time and would like to meet up or something, I'm all up for that, the more familiar faces (and languages) the better.

Last edited by Gabcom : 10-29-2007 at 11:05 AM.