View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
GaijinInvasion (Offline)
ケビン

Send a message via MSN to GaijinInvasion
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM

To be honest, without a degree in anything it will be very hard for you to find a job. These are some jobs that come to my mind for which you don't really need to have any degree:

- modelling: But I don't know how good this is paid. Depends on the agency you are at and the amount of tasks you get (pretty unstable job)

- teaching: As you said it might be impossible to get with JET or NOVA a teaching job with no degree, but there are always schools out there looking for English teachers trough another way. Your chances are very slim though, but if you can overwhelm them with a good (preferably showing your good japanese skills as a surplus) interview, you may still get the job.

- work in a store or supermarket: Never heard of any foreign people doing this but I think it should be possible..again if you can show them that you are able to help out people in Japanese.

You can also attend an international language school in Japan (one for which you don't need to have any degree; there are quite alot out there). In this way you can choose to live for maybe a year or 2 in Japan, while studying Japanese and eventually get fluent so your chances on getting a job increases. Ofcourse these things aren't for free, but if you take a school that have own accomodation it might lower your expenses.