View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Cloverella (Offline)
JF Regular

11-11-2007, 02:51 AM

Thankyou to both of you for responding to my post. ^^

@ MMM:

Thanks so much for the suggestions! They're sure to help.

In truth, I'm actually quite embarassed when I write things in Japanese, especially when i'm not sure if it sounds completely ridiculous or wrong. ><;

Just a few things to clear up though...

When I was writing the piece, I asked the teacher if she could tell me the translation for casually saying "hi, how may I help you?" but she didn't want to complicate things and just gave me 'いっらしゃいませ' instead.

I recognized the word as being more like the restaurant/shop 'welcome' and didn't really want to use it, but I didn't want to argue with her either. ^^;

The last sentence was weird; I wanted to say 'try it out', and the first thing that came into my head wasやって みる (simply from recognition since I've never learned the sentence structure) but should it actually be just plain に行ってください?

Not sure if you meant for me to just disregard the 'みる' in that sentence.

Also, with the use of 'にんき' it doesn't sound like a regular 'い adjective' to me, and I just quickly looked up its use in sentence. Would it be reasonable to say:

クイーンズランド アトラクション の なかで ゴールドコースト が いちばん にんきが あります。

I did my best with that. =_=;

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read through it all and give me some feedback! I really appreciate the help.