View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
In Tokyo, people will brag how expensive thier clothes are. In Osaka they brag about the bargains they find. With that in mind, I find that buying food, and eating out is a better value in Kansai, in general. Okonomiyaki and takoyaki are delicious. You got Kobe beef real close, too (and less expensive than in Tokyo...though still very expensive). Naturally both areas have many ethnic restaurants. I found there is a large Indian population in Kobe, and there are some of the best Indian food restuarants I have ever eaten at there, though my favorite is probably Pina Kanna in Umeda, Osaka. Going to an izakaya in Osaka, I felt like the patrons are more picky, and more likely to complain, so the chefs are more careful about what they serve. I never really saw Tokyoites complain about stuff in restarurants there, but they will in Osaka. Could be totally random observations with no connection...

I see...that's a little surprising for me... in England and France... what you described for Osaka usually happens more in London and Paris rather than the other cities.
Another question. I'm the type of guy that hates to spend lots of money on food and things like that... so is Osaka better or worse for supermarkets and fresh fruit and veg than Tokyo? I ask this cos generally in big cities, fresh fruit and veg is extreemly expensive and sometimes not THAT fresh.
I like to cook