View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-28-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Why? Damn you people are annoying. Just coz you never grew up with them and find it a little complicated for your simple minds you think that there is no way someone could want to do something that complicated for any other reason than tradition. I tell yous again; IT IS NOT DARN HARD. They use sticks coz it is the easiest way to eat their food, end of story. I use them every day, I know, okay.
Please please, thoroughly read my post. I was only speaking about Japanese customs for utilizing chopsticks. I also made sure to elaborate on "TRADITIONAL JAPANESE USAGE." If one is actually mindful of the proper usage of chopsticks in Japanese culture then it is not a simple case of just eating one's food and being done with it. I want to reiterate, I was only speaking of traditional usage of chopsticks in the Japanese culture. Look at the link and you will understand a little of what I was talking about. Furthermore, I did grow up using chopsticks and I happen to be half Japanese. When I was younger I was scolded for improper usage of chopsticks by family members.

Link: Chopsticks

Last edited by kunitokotachi : 11-28-2007 at 12:44 PM.