(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-29-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
I have a 3 year visa and a multiple entry re-entry permit valid until the end of my visa. I think that's the max it can get. I am not sure though..
Really? The last time I renewed my visa, they had signs posted everywhere about how they were no longer issuing re-entry permits for over a year, regardless of how long the visa you had was. I was planning to apply for a 3 year re-entry permit when I picked up my visa, but as they were no longer issuing anything longer than a year, I didn`t bother.

Quote:
5 years? Is it only applicable for those married to Japanese nationals? Cause I know some people who are single and they were required to live here for at least 10years. One was even denied and the reason was he did not reach 10years yet. After about 8 months I guess, he re-applied and was granted.
Now that I looked into it, yes, it is for if you`re married. Oops. I`m married to a Japanese national, so I`ve never so much as looked at the requirements for if you`re not. So, yes, it does seem that you`d have to have lived in Japan for over 10 years before applying if you`re single or married to someone who isn`t Japanese.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.