(#14 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuenKigahen View Post
I'm passing English I have the highest percentage in my class! And the second highest is a boy from Korean hes only been here for 3 years.
Really, cause your grammar sucks?

1) There should be a comma after "English"
2) "And the second highest is a boy from Korean", Since you didn't specify that you were talking about the person with the highest percentage, it could be taken as if the second highest percentage IS a boy from Korea, not that the second hightest percentage is held by a boy from Korea. Also, "Korean" isn't a country, Korea is. You call the people from Korea, Korean.
3) There should be either a comma OR semi-colon after what is supposed to be Korea.
4) "hes" is incorrect, it's a contraction for "he is" therefore there should be an apostraphe after the "e" and before the "s"
5) Weren't you ever taught not to start a sentence with a conjunction! And= conjunction

That sentence should've been written, "I'm passing English, I have the highest percentage in my class! The second highest percentage is held by a boy from Korea; hes only been here for 3 years."

just thought I'd point that out

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.