View Single Post
(#107 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-07-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am just saying there are all kinds of people and soldiers and if they were all as bad as you seem to think we would be seeing very different images on the news.
I can't comment on most of what you said because i'd just be making assumptions as i know almost nothing about it!!! BUT as for the line i quoted... There is a reason for that... My brother works for Al jazeera News station!!! He's based in Qatar right now!!! Last time i spoke to him a couple of months ago, he told me a story... A camera man was filming American soldiers in Iraq... He filmed this soldier (man), and an Iraqi Woman who was wearing tradition arab/muslim clothes with Hijab (head scarf/ veil)... For some reason, this soldier wanted to search her because he suspected her of something! He tried to search her in public by putting his hands on her and the woman just SLAPPED him... Aparently, my brother wasn't allowed to Air this video because it would have made the US army seem like they were not respecting other peoples cultures/religions/rights... Aparently it was JUST because of this reason!!

This is just to say that, there are plenty of things that aren't allowed to be shown on TV... My brother tells me these kind of stories all the time.