View Single Post
(#513 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
According to Maikunari, you can get a degree in Japan? I didn't know this, I thought you would first have to go to school in your native homeland and then bring that degree with you to Japan to work. Americans and Europeans can go to school and Japan? But I thought a tourist could only stay in Japan for 3 months? Do they allow you to "live" there if you are attending school?

(I am sure this was cleared up on a previous page of this thread, but there is just so much information, and I am not sure where to check. I am sorry.)
Yep, its prefectly acceptable to go to japan as a student and get a qualification there. ie, bachelors, masters, etc etc... BUT with that said, its rather difficult to get admission at a university for a Full course unless you speak fluent japanese/if the the course is taught in english (which many are not)... Your other option is to do an exchange which is what i'll be doing. For me, i'll be staying either 1 year or 2 years... After this 1 or 2 years, I will have the choice to do my masters there, but I seriously doubt i would!