View Single Post
(#515 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-16-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
What is this "exchange" you speak of? Are you fluent in Japanese? Why do you doubt getting your master's degree?
An exchange program is basically where you're actually a student in your home country and you organise it with that university to send you to another country for one year... ie... you go to uni in the US, you organise it with them to send you to a university in Tokyo for 1 year. For me, i'm in the process of organising it, I'm in france right now, and it seems i will be doing an exchange to Osaka University!
No, i'm not fluent in japanese, nor do i know the basics of the language. But your language level usually doesn't matter when doing an exchange program, and you usually have to follow a language course in japan when you're there anyway. So you won't be totally lost.
And as for masters, Japanese universities usually don't have such a great reputation. They are extreemly hard to get into, but they tend to have a reputation of lazy students. Thus, me not wanting to get my masters (final qualification) from there. I would rather go back to england to get a masters and just write in my CV that i spent 1 year abroad!