View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM

jeeze sucha long post for a simple question

any ways

for the uriko and noodle argument.

uriko dont have a superiority complex cuz you've traveled about and had some bad experiences and what not.

its good that you've traveled but no need to put people down cuz they havent or throw "you wouldnt know in their face"

I've been to vietnam 4 times and japan 8 time already

bought electronics, and brought them back no problem.

in japan if you go to an actual store to buy electronics it wont be fakes.

okay enough of that and to the question.

Really i would buy electronics at home and bring it to japan.

1. yea japanese electronics and stuff are great but pretty much any thing you find here you can find in the states or order it from the states.

2. You want electronics that will work on US power supply and also things that you can down load drivers to in English.

3. some cameras how you can down load upgraded firmware. its just easier to do in English.

4. japanese electronics are mad expensive.
BUT memory is not
Micro Sd's and Sd memory cards are a lot cheaper in japan then US.
i bought a 2 Gig micro sd for around 15-20 dollars in usa it was about 90 dollars to 100.

5. warrenty stuff. if it breaks you wont be able to get it fixed or send it back.

6. rebates, you can buy cameras and stuff in the states and they'll say 500 dollars with 100 dollar rebate. take advantage of that cuz its just more complicated to cash in mail in rebates in japan.

7. one positive thing about buying electronics in japan is that you get items tax free if you bring your passport.

i hope this helps a bit

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan