View Single Post
(#332 (permalink))
Old
Retrogamer77 (Offline)
Destati

Send a message via AIM to Retrogamer77
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM

GAAAAAH! That makes me sooo angry when people do that. I spent at least an hour arguing with my mom about how anime and cartoons can be two different things. After making her watch FMA and her not being able to understand a single thing going on she finally got it through her head that anime is more complicated than simple cartoons. It kind of depends on perspective. Me, I refuse to consider pokemon 'anime'. Even though it might be, I personally believe that anime has to have a deeper meaning to it. But all people are not like that. If you're a pokefreak, more power to you! But people who dismiss it without even trying it are just a nuisance. My friend told me that he probably would never read manga because it looked boring. He didn't mean it in a bad way, he's just not used to those things. But I showed him the first volume of Bleach anyway. Two days later, he calls me and tells me that he has every single volume of bleach released in the US! I thought that was absolutely hilarious! Either way, I have friends who like it and friends who don't. But those who don't just accept the fact that I do. We all have different interests. Those others who are so close minded as to put someone down for something that they have an innate interest in is just low. I try not to have to deal with those people. lol.

However, I do love cartoons too! I'm a rabid Disney freak, I love obscure children's movies (Once Upon a forest, The Last Unicorn, The Secret of NIHM), and actual cartoons like Spongebob and Invader Zim. I know a lot of people hate spongebob because the show is ridiculously stupid...that's why I like it though! And Invader Zim is one of the best things to happen to the world.

OBEY THE FIST!!

~Genauso wie du~