View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sphinx01 (Offline)
light seduced by darkness

A Poets Collage of life... - 12-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Greetings friends...Sphinx here, as of last night I decided to post my poetry publicly for everyone to reed and enjoy, or even to criticize...so here goes

Note everything is copywritten:

A Child or a King

I here that gods and kings cry alone…displaying no emotions atop their thrones,
I here that kings shed tears only in the comfort of darkness, showing no weakness to the world, how misguided we are, believing it’s best to seem heartless/
I here that kings keeps their emotions contained, Unable to publicly show pain/ we leave no trace of our tears/ instead we cry in our chambers in silence, yet in unison with our peers/ So the stars sing of our broken hearts, they’ve done so for years/ They say kings know no regret, how foolish they are/ Or is it the king that is foolish…dwelling in splendor with a hardened heart/ They said that kings believe that it’s best to forget what they say/ I was a king once/ But then u lead me astray/ Now I’m simply a man looking ever forward, afraid of his past/ Seeking twilight, then the dawn so that I can know yesterday has surely passed/ I’m merely a man now trapped in the shell of a child without a childhood/ forced to hate everyone in the area in which I stood/ Perhaps I was never a king, atop a throne/ Merely a delusional child holding tightly the devils hand, yet truly alone, but then u came along, and slowly I stood, slowly I opened up, first my mind, my heart, and now you’ve even taken my soul/ Even if this freedom is only temporary I’m still yours to hold no longer the devils to control…But in truth I wonder what do you see in me, a child in need of love, or a king whose heart is steadily growing cold…or perhaps I’m a demon seed, intertwined, and created by both

By: Sphinx
12-22-07

I offer you my pride and my dreams, have them all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVlAUIboWU

Last edited by Sphinx01 : 05-05-2009 at 12:51 AM.