View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
danslak (Offline)
JF Regular

12-24-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I know this is going to seem odd, but I'm having trouble, still, with Katakana characters.

Whenever in my class, and we have to write out Katakana (we have a picture and the Hiragana beside it), I have a terrible time with it and usually end up writing in Hiragana without even realizing it when it was meant to be in Katakana. I have no idea what I can do to help me memorize the Katakana better. I've even memorized some Kanji that I found much easier than the Katakana. There are some Katakana characters that's easy to remember, but it's way less than the ones that I don't.

When reading it, it's not as difficult, and it comes to me, but when told to write a certain character (that's not in my name), my mind blanks out, and I always have to look at my chart.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? What can I do to fix it?
I've seen books that have kana related to pictures that resemble the shape of katakana and hiragana. I think, if I remember correctly, one of them is "Kana is easy". Pictures, for me, are much easier to remember than the symbols or words. Maybe this can help.