View Single Post
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Something I can't seem to figure out...

Why is that people in the West who are obsessed about everything Japanese tend to gravitate towards costumes featuring the entire spectrum on top of deep black with bright, unnatural hair-colours as well as ultra-high leather boots (or skate shoes, depending of gender) and lots and lots of metal on the face??? It's kind of like punk-meets-Emo-meets-Tye die.

Not that I don't like the style. I just can't figure out why it's almost only Japan freaks. I don't know if they really dress like that Japan or what, but even the anime and manga characters aren't so... 'loud'.

I confused~!!! T_T
you could say that westerners like the idea of how the japanese imitate punk rock/goth style in such an intricate way. It appeals to them because most of these 'japan freaks' are mainly rockish/punky anyways so its just another style, they feel they should embrace.

thats one reason, You could also say that:

Harujuku is said to be one of the ways the japanese imitate wasterners and its sorta like a rebellious stage away from being japanese. For example, Lolita type dresses come almost directly out of the victorian era.

Whereas in the Western World, Harujuku is an escape for being western, to imitate the japanese who in turn are trying to imitate the westerners. LOL.

forgive my incoherent ramblings.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"