View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
blane11 (Offline)
New to JF

Theres a first time... - 12-26-2007, 06:07 PM

for everything...*sigh*. I have a few questions regarding the Japanese language, but first I should say what i already know. I can read katakana (i know most if not all of the symbols/combinations of katakana), and a little hiragana. I've picked up a few random words from SRW games and anime. Thats pretty much it... so, question time.

Are there words that can only be written in hiragana, or should i just go to a kanji dictionary for vocabulary building? If there are words that are only written in hiragana, are there any word banks with all of them in it?

I need something that tells me how particle words work (as detailed about it as possible) as the information i already have on it is shallow and i can't understand it (such as calling one of them a softener, showing a single sentence example, and moving on).

Some good resources about Japanese grammar. Again, as detailed as possible.

Verb conjugations. Again, the resource i already have just isn't detailed enough and i don't understand what it means most of the time.

Whatever the best kanji database is that you can think of.

Anything you think I missed.

Edit: Oh, and I should mention that I'm doing this alone/self-teaching/whatever you wanna call it.

Last edited by blane11 : 12-26-2007 at 06:14 PM.