View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
NyaChan (Offline)
Promise to find

12-29-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
Besides he pronounced the word "manga" wrong.
Well, at least he didn't call them "Those backwards books" DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
I sort of agree with this video.

I think that he has a point in that some otaku are annoying, but you're always going to have some obsessed group for any fandom. (Trekkies are another good example.)

However, anime is not really what you could all "popular". Yes, it is popular within a certian amount of people, and is popular among the subculture, but calling it "popular" as in "mainstream" is not correct. We're not there yet ~ !
*agrees with both points*

I'm too lazy to quote, but I agree with whoever said they hate those who think they're anime fans because they watch Naruto & DBZ. First offs, Naruto and DBZ are shonen, and thus, are not liked by me (Sorry, I'm full on shojo Manga/Anime). And secondly, It's being aired in AMERICA, which means they're taking NO EFFORT to watch it. They just flick on the TV and watch. The least they could do is go out and buy manga of some other series. Plus, one anime series does not make an anime fan. xD;;;

Though so many people know about Naruto, Pokémon, DBZ, and sometimes Sailor Moon, it's not well known. I mean, really, I'll take a manga into school, and I don't know how many times I would used to hear them called "Those backwards books". Though most people at least know them as "The comic books from Japan" (Or something along those lines) now, it's still annoying. Anime and Manga are becoming apart of American life, they should know the correct name by now. >T

As for myself, I jokingly call myself an Otaku. Though I do balance my life and Anime (Half the time I forget to watch an anime episode or go and buy the next volume to a series), it's something me and my friends joke about. I enjoy the animes and manga and love the stories, not just the fact "OMG IT'S FROM JAPAN". I'm attempting to self-teach myself Japanese, and I do hope to spend a summer there after my Senior year of High School, due to my job interests and such, but still. I know that Otakus are the geeks in Japan. And either way, doesn't mean I am one for reals. (Did I really just use "for reals"? O__o)

Promise to find, Yes I will.
ちっぽけな世界なのに、 何故だろう この両手には大きすぎる?