View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Fielia (Offline)
Inconspicuous

12-30-2007, 04:57 PM

I can't even remember which japanese band or singer was the first one I heard of. It might have been some j-pop singer. One of the first j-rock bands I heard of were BLOOD, Dir en grey and X Japan. Then came bands like the GazettE, D'espairsRay, Aybie and Plastic tree. The newist japanese band I have heard of is UnsraW.

I listen mostly to Dir en grey, X Japan and MUCC. I have seen only Dir en grey live (twice). MUCC has been to Finland too, several times actually, but I haven't went to their consert, yet. Maybe next time.

It has been about three years now when I first heard of Dir en grey. I heard about it from my friend. I had heard the name Dir en grey earlier, actually, but my friend played their music to me. I thought it was ok, anything special. I kind of forgot the whole band for a while. A couple of months later I listened to Dir en grey again. I liked it much more than in the first time. Later I bought their album, Withering to Death. It was honestly the music that made me love Dir en grey. Not the players. I think that's one of the reasons their music means so lot to me.

The same happened with X Japan and MUCC. I first heard their music, then found about the players.