View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-31-2007, 05:52 AM

Ahh, this should be fun to do and I'll only stick with Japanese bands.

Do As Infinity
I don't know why, but I just love the group's style. I like their rock/pop like sound. What really hooked me, even though I'd been listening to the group's music prior, was Shinjitsu no Uta and the PV for that. I really fell in love with their music after that.

I know this group disbanded two years ago, but it'll still remain one of my all-time favorite Japanese bands. I just hate the fact that I couldn't see them perform when in New York back in 2004 because I didn't have the money to go. I visited the week before they got there and I also didn't have a job at the time. You don't know how depressing it was to find out that they wouldn't be coming back to the states since that next year, they announced their disbanding.

move
I love this group!! I love the fact that they're always changing and the combine different types of genre of music at times. I wish I owned more by them. Most of my collections consist of Do As Infinity stuff.

I'd heard three songs prior to the one that hooked me. I got hooked after listening to the group's DOGFIGHT single. I love their rock songs.

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
My mother considers this group "noise". I just consider them to be extreme! I don't know what I like...I just find them interesting. The song that got me to really like them was Zetsubo Billy, which was used as the second ending theme to Deathnote. I also liked that live performance I saw of the group for What's Up People!

Dreams Come True
This group has been around since 1989, and still going strong. The members of the group are very talented. I just like the group. I just wish I owned something by them instead of just downloaded stuff. The group also has nice live performances. An online buddy pretty much introduced me to the group. My first song I heard by the group was Anata ni Aitakute. Miwa has very nice vocals.

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
Well, the music for this group is catchy, and I like this group the same way I do Do As Infinity. I'd heard stuff by them earlier on (like Pride), but what really made me like this group was when I was watching Music Bang on AZN channel. The PV they played for it was Ichirin no Hana.

ALI PROJECT
This group's music is kind of dark, imo, and I really like it. Surprisingly, I'm not too big a fan of Shiina Ringo. Anywho, the song I really enjoyed by the group was Mirai no Eve.

Antic Cafe
I just got into this group. They're okay. I like the music a lot...but I'm a bit iffy on the vocals. I guess I just have to get used to them.

BUMP OF CHICKEN
This is an older group too. The music is catchy, I enjoy the vocals, etc. I first got into the group watching that AZN channel we get. The PV was Planetarium. The song that really got me into the group was Arue.

Going Under Ground & Monoral
These groups are nice too. I only put them together since I feel that both are very underrated. They're both nice soft rock groups, imo, and Monoral has very good English. What got me into Going Under Ground was the song Twilight. For Monoral, I listened to one of their albums.

RIZE
Now I like this group because it's sort of like a rock/rap group. The song that got me into them was Vibration and Light Your Fire. I really love these guys, especially the rock aspect of them.

THYME
Now this group is new, so I can only judge them by their one single. Soft rock, for the most part, if it can be classified as such.

Now, honorable mention would go to L'Arc~en~Ciel, Nightmare, and Malice Mizer. I like these bands/groups, but I wouldn't consider them favorites.

Other bands I'd like to check out are: the GazettE, Alice Nine, and S.K.I.N. I really want to check out S.K.I.N, since Gackt, Miyavi, Sugizo, and Yoshiki make up the group. I was never too big a fan of the groups Yoshiki was apart of, but it'll be interesting to hear either way.