View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
01-03-2008, 01:03 AM

Lol, I was just arguing about this with one of my siblings a couple days ago.

First, it's not entirely true that white people are unable to guess a region-of-origin from appearance alone. If you put two people in front of me, one with blonde hair and blue eyes and fair skin, the other dark skin with brown hair and eyes, I could tell you that the former is most definitely North/North-Eastern European, most likely German or Polish and the later is most definitely Mediteranean, likely Italian or Spanish. There are other features, also, that give those things away such that both individuals could be brunette with brown eyes and one could still differentiate them.

Asian people are no different, really. It's harder, but not much. I usually look at the shape of the eye and face, how flat vs how wide the forehead is, where the cheekbones are, and the eyelids.

Obviously I'm not always right. A little less accurate than with european-descended people.

And Japanese and Chinese definitely look very different.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.